The Greek Yachting Association: The long anticipated return of travel is here
As of May 14th our borders are open, and Greece is welcoming back travellers with safety measures already in place to ensure a secure and sun-soaked summer.
Luxury crewed charter yachts are now free to travel throughout Greece, and the islands, marinas and waters are ready to be discovered and enjoyed. Once again, the Greek Yachting Association's fleet of yachts, sailing yachts and motor sailers will be offering the highest levels of holiday safety and the unique advantages of a private charter. 2021 will see our pristine seas studded with world class yachts as Greece continues to function as a protagonist when it comes to yachting in the Mediterranean.
On land, movement and regional travel are back. Restaurants, bars and organised beaches are all operating, providing the perfect ports of call for maritime adventures. Open-air archeological sites, museums, retail stores and shopping malls have also re-opened, and hotels throughout the country are gradually welcoming guests again.
Greece’s active and successful health measures have made it a secure destination for travellers. However, restrictions still apply, and all travellers should refer to governmental advice from their country of origin. Epidemiological data is constantly evolving, and the state is continuously updating its policy accordingly.
At the time of writing, requirements for entering the country are as follows:
• Travellers must complete a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) before the day of entering Greece
• Travellers are required to hold a negative PCR test taken at least 72 hours before their arrival in the country
• Travellers who have previously contracted and recovered from the virus should hold a certificate of recovery
• Travellers who have completed their vaccinations (at least 14 days before travelling) should hold a valid certificate
• The EU Digital Green Certificate will be in place as of June 1st
Further travel requirements are country specific. Please refer to your local authority for further guidance.
Until then, we are warmly waiting for your return to Greece, for yet another year of yachting excellence.